Browse through our catalogue and click on any items that you wish to buy and put them into the shopping basket. When you have made your selection, click on “checkout” You will then be asked to provide details so that we can process the order. Orders can only be sent to the billing address of the cardholder placing an order.
We try to process all orders, where possible, within 24 hours. Whilst most items will be despatched within one working day, please allow 3-5 days for delivery within the UK. 5-7 days for Europe and 7-14 days Rest of World.
We accept payment by Cash(sent by registered mail), Cheques/Postal Orders made payable to Pete's Treasure Trove. We also accept PayPal, safe online payments that allow you to pay with your credit or debit card. Buyers from outside the UK please note: WE DO NOT ACCEPT CHEQUES OR MONEY ORDERS IN ANY OTHER CURRENCY OTHER THAN GB POUNDS STERLING £’s
At Petes Treasure Trove, we want you to receive your purchase in the same great condition it left us. We use only good quality, new materials for packaging and take great care to insure that happens. We too buy online and can assure you NO ONE takes better care of your purchases. In the unlikely event that an item should arrive damaged due to our negligence, simply return the item and a replacement will be mailed out within one working day, free of any charge.
Deliveries to UK (inc. Northern Ireland)
For UK deliveries, postage will be FREE, so no matter how many items you buy the postage will be free.
Items mailed within the UK will normally be sent second class with proof of posting obtained. Heavier items may be sent by Standard Parcel Service or courier. Petes Treasure Trove reserves the right to replace any of the above services, without notice, for a similar or enhanced service, where we deem it to be more appropriate.
Overseas & non-mainland UK:
For items despatched to Europe, postage will be a fixed price per order, so no matter how many items you buy the postage will be one fixed price.
Items mailed to Europe will normally be sent Airmail with proof of posting obtained. Heavier items may be sent by courier. Petes Treasure Trove reserves the right to replace any of the above services, without notice, for a similar or enhanced service, where we deem it to be more appropriate.
Rest of the World
For items despatched to the Rest of the World, postage will be one fixed price per order, so no matter how many items you buy the postage will be one fixed price.
Items mailed to the Rest of the world will normally be sent Airmail with proof of posting obtained. Heavier items may be sent by courier. Petes Treasure Trove reserves the right to replace any of the above services, without notice, for a similar or enhanced service, where we deem it to be more appropriate.
If you are unhappy with your purchase you can return an item to us. Within the European Union, customers have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within 14 working days beginning the day after the date that the item is delivered. It must be in its original condition and returned to us at our address shown on the envelope. We cannot accept returns of DVDs, computer software that has been opened or fabric cut to your specific requirements. All fabric sold is classed as a bespoke item under the trade regulations and is therefore exempt from The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and cannot be returned or exchanged. Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the items to us unless we delivered the item to you in error, or if the item is damaged or defective and therefore postage and packaging charges are not refundable.
1. Personal information we collect.
Information we Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized Pete’s Treasure Trove to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact us directly.
2. The legal bases we rely on to collect, use, and share personal information
Why we Need Your Information and How we Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
· as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
· when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
· if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. The third parties with whom we share personal information
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
· Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
· Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
· Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce we agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
4. The length of time we keep personal information
5. Buyers’ rights regarding our use of personal information and our contact details
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
· Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
· Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
· Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
· Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Peter Sargent, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at [email protected] Alternately, you may mail me at:
Peter Sargent, Sunnybrook, Fir Park, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, LN8 3YL